WHAT?! 🤯 That's awesome! Do you have a big pond for all of them to swim in? Mine fight over a pool for 5 minutes & spend the rest of the day being lazy in the grass. lol
Nope. Many kiddy pools at the moment. We hope to get some sort of pond set up for them in the future though.

I never intended on having this many, lol!

Hello there! 👋🏻

Recently my ducks started laying eggs! We are so excited because my chickens are slacking lately. lol

I'm curious to know what everyone's opinions are on this. I have (1) female Blue Swedish, (2) female Mallards & (2) female Cayugas. I also have a "mutt". She's a very dark bird, like a Cayuga but you can definitely see she has some mallard in her.

So I'm getting 6 eggs daily, 4 white & 2 that are blue\green.. like an olive color. Are the 2 Cayugas laying the blue eggs & the others are laying the white eggs? I thought Cayuga eggs were a grey\black? 🤔

I attached a picture.. please excuse the dirty eggs. They have been laying in the grass & we FINALLY got some much needed rain yesterday! 🎉
Your two blue/green eggs look exactly like my Mallard eggs that I have gotten from my two hens for the past almost 3 years. They are still laying but will quit around November when it really cools off here.

Hello there! 👋🏻

Recently my ducks started laying eggs! We are so excited because my chickens are slacking lately. lol

I'm curious to know what everyone's opinions are on this. I have (1) female Blue Swedish, (2) female Mallards & (2) female Cayugas. I also have a "mutt". She's a very dark bird, like a Cayuga but you can definitely see she has some mallard in her.

So I'm getting 6 eggs daily, 4 white & 2 that are blue\green.. like an olive color. Are the 2 Cayugas laying the blue eggs & the others are laying the white eggs? I thought Cayuga eggs were a grey\black? 🤔

I attached a picture.. please excuse the dirty eggs. They have been laying in the grass & we FINALLY got some much needed rain yesterday! 🎉
My cayuga eggs are light greenish, the middle egg in this picture.

Attachments

• 20230320_122320.jpg
    20230320_122320.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom