Duck eggs turning black? HELP! (pic)

Can I ask what happened to the one you broke open that was kicking his feet? I currently have an egg that started turning blue/black yesterday morning and he was still moving and shaking the egg a lot... I think he is due to hatch very soon and he still has movement when we candle... should I help him hatch a little bit breaking a small hole in the side of the egg with the air sac? or should I just let him go and see if he hatches on his own?
I have 26 eggs in an incubator that were all looking fine the other day.  Now today, after the humidity getting to 60 cos the air sacs got to big too fast, I candled and found that almost all the eggs appear to have thick, black veins inside of them.  They are due to hatch next thursday or friday so in 6-7 days.  None stink yet.  I broke one open I thought was dead, only to find a fully formed duck inside kicking his feet.  The shells are a little darker so could those black veins I see really just be healthy veins showing up dark or are all my eggs infected with bacteria that my circulating fan blew around to all of them?

what if I have a chicken sitting on them? The eggs look dark sorta like feathers, but their pekin ducks. They are due to hatch any time, should I start to mist them with the hen on them.

I came here to find answers about mine. I candled mine and found something I never expected..... It had internally pipped!!! Please check them before throwing them out always!! I'm so excited for him/her to hatch all the way! Thanks for the candleing tip ✌️ (Didn't think to candle so late in the incubation)

I am having this problem with my current hatch. a few of the eggs are getting dark swirls. 1 hatched on day 27 and 2 more on day 28 then nothing from the other 9 so far and tomorrow is day 30. These were mail ordered and a barnyard mix. The 3 that hatched are all yellow. At what point should in take them out of the incubator?
They were candled 3 times (day 13, day 20 and day 24) and they all looked like they were doing great. Movement in all of them.

Some of ours have done that and usually they are dead...or rotting...does it smell????
I have three duck eggs that have that black I had done threw away 2 before they was rotten. Now I have three more that has that black seeming threw and one smells I know its dead. All loose movement. but other two don't but I candles and seen no movement hard to tell in pics

Any idea what happened to them? I have some dark ones that she is still sitting on but also think their was more and some missing.
Bruising happens when a baby pips the internal membrane before the blood is absorbed. If it happens in the pointy end, its usually a malpositioned baby trying to pip the wrong end. This kind of baby needs help hatching if noticed while it is still alive.

Bruising happens when a baby pips the internal membrane before the blood is absorbed. If it happens in the pointy end, its usually a malpositioned baby trying to pip the wrong end. This kind of baby needs help hatching if noticed while it is still alive.
I just noticed one of my muscovys eggs is black on the side. It's been under a hen. They aren't due to hatch for about 4 days. Is there anything I can do??

Back
Top Bottom