Duck Friendly Motels off of I70 near Columbus, Ohio?

solarpup

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Subject says it all. Tomorrow I start moving myself and my ducks from Massachusetts to Missouri. Health certificates and import license are in hand. But, I expect that I will be stopping around the half way point, somewhere off of 71 or I70, near Columbus, Ohio.

Anyone every have any experience overnighting ducks in a motel in that area? I know that there are dog friendly places, but this is a little different.

The three ducks will be in two crates (two girls in one, the boy in the other), and I've got straw and water buckets all set for them. I plan on bringing them into the room with me.

I definitely prefer a motel where I can park the car right outside the door.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, or knows of a good web site that lists likely places, I'd be very grateful.

As long as the motel is pet friendly they should be allowed. I suggest calling some of the motels in that area ahead of time just to make sure, but if they’re pet friendly then the ducks should be okay.

Motel 6. We moved across 3 states with 4 dogs and 1 cat. Half the time they didn't ask about animals. Motel 6 is pet friendly. As long as your ducks aren't loud at night and stay in a crate, I wouldn't worry about it. In my travels Motel6 has always been the best bang for your buck.

Motel 6. We moved across 3 states with 4 dogs and 1 cat. Half the time they didn't ask about animals. Motel 6 is pet friendly. As long as your ducks aren't loud at night and stay in a crate, I wouldn't worry about it. In my travels Motel6 has always been the best bang for your buck.
Yes, call ahead and make a reservation. This time of year motel6 books up fast. I usually book anything 1-2 hours from my last rest stop depending on time of day. Book one outside of big towns and cities... cheaper rooms.

Back
Top Bottom