Duck genetics; lavender/lilac help needed.

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
I want to check if I am not making any mistakes.

On some websites I read B/B C/(C) is lavender and B/b C/(C) is lilac. And on other websites exactly the reverse! Please tell me which is the correct one! For the rest of the story I am going to use
lavender = B/B C/(C) and Lilac = B/b C/(C).

I got a nest from following parents (click for bigger picture);
ET733.jpg
Black female, parents are black, grandparents are black.
Noring003-1.jpg
Lavender male, parents unknown. After long doubting what his colour was, comparing pictures online, I decided on Lavender. It has a clear chocolate shine on his head and breast (the breast you can't see), but a lighter shade then lilac. B/B C/C is quite rare for a male. Since it needs double C. Maybe it's just a really way off way too many brown-feathers double-B. But the whole underlayer of his headfeathers are brown, that misses in my blue ones. They have more of a black undertone.
Anyway; this is part of the question; is this a lavender or just an ugly double-B

Based on these genetics, (with mother probably being E/E)
50 % males Blue (B/b C/c)
25 % of females Blue (B/b c/-)
25 % of females Lilac (B/b C/-)

8 eggs (with luck 2 still hatch today; but I think not); 4 blue, 4 lilac. That's a tad more then 25% but well it can happen offcourse (and you don't hear me complain with more women then males heehee).

Pictures of 4 blue ones and one lilac, and one lilac next to a blue one;
anestdeel1.jpg
Anestdeel1-2.jpg
anestdeel1-3.jpg

(top picture and bottom picture also shows the difference in webbing colour).

Long story short questions;
1. What genetic code is lavender or lilac. Do I have them right or did I reverse the names.
2. Is that dude Lavender or something else.
3. Is this a lilac duckling or something else (because father is something else).
4. Did or did I not have my genetics on point. If they are right I know now that all lilacs must be girls; if I am overlooking other options, well then maybe not.

(If duckling is lilac or lavender; feel free to use in some colour educational topic).

Back
Top Bottom