Duck genetics question..

GeoGreyWolf

Songster
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
I have a Blue or Black Swedish drake (he kind of has black parts and blue parts on him) and a female Pekin. Wondering because of the genes if any ducklings once they breed would turn out to be a silver Swedish, or something completely different?

I have a Blue or Black Swedish drake (he kind of has black parts and blue parts on him) and a female Pekin. Wondering because of the genes if any ducklings once they breed would turn out to be a silver Swedish, or something completely different?
I just hatched mine out from the exact breed (mom pekin and dad Swedish blue) i will post a picture of the ducklings. They are grey just like the daddy(swedish blue) were when we got them. I can keep you updated with pictures as to what they will look as they get older if you would like.

These are the Pekin X Swedish Blue
20180104_103814.jpg

The black ones are Pekin X Rouen
20180104_103256.jpg

I just hatched mine out from the exact breed (mom pekin and dad Swedish blue) i will post a picture of the ducklings. They are grey just like the daddy(swedish blue) were when we got them. I can keep you updated with pictures as to what they will look as they get older if you would like.
Yes please do so, they look amazing.. I can not wait to see what i will get once they start laying eggs i can hatch. Dad is the swedish, have a pekin, swedish and mallard females..

From a Pekin drake over Swedish ducks I got what I called "holstein ducks" they were very cool looking. I will have to find some pictures

@ Hope Hughes - How are the ducklings doing? So far no luck on hatches from mine, I have not seen my Blue Swedish Drake mate with my Pekin.. only my female Blue Swedish and Mallard (which im thinking is a Rouen)

Back
Top Bottom