Duck/Goose Hybrid

Look a duck and a goose cannot mate together . It's like when a girl gets pregnant then miscarried the egg will never hatch the two genetic makeups are too diffrent to have living offspring , but I actually am rooting for you
yesss.gif

I think of one dies hatch it's a great anomaly and scientist would love to hear about it you'd become like famous .
I looked this up once before and I think you're right, ducks and geese can't produce offspring, but they can mate, lol, mine sure do!

-Kathy

Last edited:
Thanks kathy
I really wondered about this a couple of years ago because I had a duckling with a funny looking bill hatch. That led me on a quest where I found pictures and info about guinea/chicken hybrids and guinea/peafowl hybrids. I also saw that link with the alleged goose/duck hybrid, but no others.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Those animals are in the same genus . Meaning that thy can ,

Ducks and geese I think are NOT in the same genus

( so it is a mircal , because I really doubt thy ducks and geese are in the genus )
Geese and swans aren't the same genus and I see the swoose.... It's hard? yes, but not imposible I think.

I've heard of those never seen one , I have a hard time believing that one ever really existed .

Expecially since when you mate a australian black swan with a white swam ( like a whooper or trumpeter ) it's a mule .

Then again not all seeing is believing

Grief, they´re ugly! I prefer the horse/donkey hybrid myself!
wink.png

Around here loads of people have guineas and chickens, etc, and I´ve never heard anyone speak of a cross, nor have I seen one, so it´s obviously a very rare occurence. thank goodness!
tongue.png

(Same with ducks and geese...no-one around here has ever mentioned a cross, and so many people keep them.)
I suppose it´s when they´re in confinement, or have no mate of their own kind?

Back
Top Bottom