Duck/Goose Hybrid

They don't
lau.gif

-Kathy

So.....I have an African goose, and a Mallard drake, thats all the waterfowl I have. They have been mating for 2 years now....I have eaten 4 goose eggs this week and all were fertile.....So now she is setting on 3 of her own eggs along with some others....So in almost a month, If all goes well, I should have some Deese or Gucks haha

Ok, I have already said this, but for those of you who havent read it, I originally set 3 eggs, 2 were infertile, 1 was fertile. The fertile one developed for a little over a week and then died. I havent tried since, only because my goose hasnt laid since. When she resumes her production, I will try again.

Personally I've done a lot of research on hybrids and although there are a few claims of true Geese (not Shellducks) x domestic mallard derived ducks no solid evidence has been produced. If it were me I would have taken pictures of the fertile egg both candled and once opened, I think if you do get a hybid and provide pictures you'd be the first person. I've bred some Mallard x Muscovy ducks they always turn out stunners!

This is one of my Hybrids with a pure Muscovy.

Personally I've done a lot of research on hybrids and although there are a few claims of true Geese (not Shellducks) x domestic mallard derived ducks no solid evidence has been produced. If it were me I would have taken pictures of the fertile egg both candled and once opened, I think if you do get a hybid and provide pictures you'd be the first person. I've bred some Mallard x Muscovy ducks they always turn out stunners! This is one of my Hybrids with a pure Muscovy.
Thanks Bemba .......I am gonna try mallard/Muscovy s next spring, I already have both.....I would do Muscovy/goose, but my goose hates my Muscovy drake

Back
Top Bottom