Duck Hatching Eggs Not Popular?

Stacykins

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Escanaba, MI
So I've been roaming the eBay hatching eggs section, and am noting that auctions with duck hatching eggs are either not selling or selling incredibly low. I bookmarked an auction with some very nice Ancona duck hatching eggs, forgot about it, and saw that it ended for $2.50, plus $15 for shipping. That is honestly, a little shocking!

I just did a search for completed listings (sold and unsold) for duck hatching eggs, and keep seeing the same trend. I don't see the same thing happening with chicken and turkey hatching eggs.

I guess if you want duck eggs for cheap, now is the time. I know I've had 100% fertility with my Magpie ducks, and just listed their hatching eggs on eBay a few days ago. But now I doubt they'll sell. I guess if they don't, they'll be going into my own incubator.

I'm finding the same thing. Not that I'm trying to sell them on eBay but I do have an ad on Craigslist and only had a couple of people show any interest. Considering that I have to feed my (muscovy) ducks all year but only get eggs for a limited season, I feel like they should be valued higher than chicken eggs that are available year round, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yea, I had zero local interest when it comes to hatching eggs. Considering I get an egg a day from each Magpie, my incubator can only hold so many eggs!

I'd love to be able to share with folks such an endangered breed that lays so many eggs. My chickens don't even lay an egg a day! But everyday, without fail, my Magpies greet me each morning after they've each laid their egg.

Back
Top Bottom