Duck hives?

daphnelovely

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2016
My Khaki Campbell Drake started getting what looks like small clusters of hives ln his chest, neck and now larger on his back. He is irritable and seems uncomfortable. My Runner is now showing signs of the same "bumps". When I pick them up to feel I cant actually feel a bump. Any info is appreciated!!
[/IMG][/IMG]

There has been no switch in food or diet except they recently tried peas and corn as a treat. The peas they all ate and none were very crazy about the corn. It has been about 2 weeks since the first bumps showed up on my Khaki Drake

Last edited:
@chickens really Ive never even heard of straw fleas. We did get out straw from a new person this time but it was kept dry and enclosed and smelled nlrmal so I didnt think anything of it. Is there a way to check for them? And is there a flea powder you would recommend? Or would baths help? And should I replace the unused straw?

@chickens really Ive never even heard of straw fleas. We did get out straw from a new person this time but it was kept dry and enclosed and smelled nlrmal so I didnt think anything of it. Is there a way to check for them? And is there a flea powder you would recommend? Or would baths help? And should I replace the unused straw?
Take a flash light and look under straw in the Coop area...They will look like sesame seeds...They hop and run...Tiny hard shelled beetles.....They are Brown.....Until you know for sure if it is Fleas? wait...If Fleas replace the straw....I use pine shavings in my Dog house/Duck house and Straw in the run during winter...

I am in Canada and use Dominion dusting powder.....I never treat the Ducks...Just the area under the bedding...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom