Wonky duck stance

0iseau

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
This is Dessa, short for Iridessa.
UdhQdYD.jpg

She is the one closest to the camera standing awkwardly. The stance she is in is her default and she is constantly walking like this or with her head to the ground when foraging.
Now, she hasn't always walked like this. As a duckling, she walked like a totally normal duck. It was only as she got older that she started to walk with her chest down and butt up.
Has anyone else had a duck like this?
I'm not concerned, honestly. I do not think anything is necessarily wrong - this is just Dessa, haha. She eats well, acts the same she always has, and has showed no signs of pain. I do not feel as though it would be a nutritional thing as a duckling as she had the same food as 6 others and I paid close attention for any possible deficiencies.

Any time a duck has any kind of leg or walking issues even just an odd stance it is always a good idea to try giving them Liquid B Complex 1 ml daily (Orally, even though it is labeled "injectable for cattle" nevermind that.) Give it to her over some treats like mealworms or use a syringe with no needle and follow directions for how to give medicine to waterfowl. Do this for several weeks and see if it makes a difference. It could be a weakness in this particular bird that the others are not showing any signs.
even if feeding an all flock or a duck feed it is a good idea to give ducks extra niacin. my ducks are mostly 8 yrs old and I still sprinkle some nutritional yeast over their feed once or twice a week. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
I use this
1707525706728.png
1707525706728.png

Back
Top Bottom