Duck Houses

Pics
It's Red Rooster Poultry Flooring (http://www.doublel.com/poultrydivision/poultry-flooring/ol-flooring.html). I used to use it in dog kennels. Now I'm hoping it will keep the ducks cleaner
big_smile.png

Just got this done. Ducks haven't moved in, yet, since there are still a few minor things to do. It's for five ducks (4 Runners and 1 Mallard).
Very nice setup, really like the flooring too. Will they be foraging during the day in the yard? ducks need alot of exercise. and Noodling time.
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Just got this done. Ducks haven't moved in, yet, since there are still a few minor things to do. It's for five ducks (4 Runners and 1 Mallard).
Is their any venting in the building? i don't see any but possibly missed it.. i agree with ML they need time on the ground, i gather the ramp is for this ability? also watch that chain link coons for instance are reach and grab predators... so narrowing that wire down the first couple feet is always a good idea. I like the cover for the run and the raised overall design though.

The top of the gables, on both sides of the shed, have vents for circulation (looks like the branch is covering it up in the picture, though). The top of the kennel actually has chicken wire stretched across it. I used to have chicken wire around the bottom, too, before I moved it, but took it off because I have different wire that I want to put around it (it's coated, so I figured it would last longer). I'm also putting a fenced in area out in front of the kennel, so the ducks can run around in it during the day. Now I'm only hoping that they will use the ramp. Going down might not be the problem, but herding them back up it might be.
wee.gif
barnie.gif

The main reason for this design was that the area they are in now gets flooded during bad spring and fall rains. Of course, the ducks love it when they can swim to every part of their pen for a couple of days, but then it gets really muddy and messy and I don't want them to end up with wet feather.

Back
Top Bottom