Duck Houses

Pics
I enjoyed a nice afternoon with the ducks yesterday - so sunny, even though it was near freezing.  Spent some time with them today, too, but I was shoveling the 6 inches of snow while they ate all the snow they could, because they are so helpful!

Oh, that's just so nice of them to help
1f61c.png
! Haha. We got some rain, but there is no snow, not even in the mountains. That means another bad year for the fish in the river and the drought isn't getting any better. I was really hoping we would get snow this year.

thanks. but im just wondering if anyone knowns how to get ducks to go swimming with out you having to put them in the water. because my little duck was raised by a broody chicken and doesn't realise that shes ment to swim and she doesn't ever swim unless I put her in the water

Is it just the one duck? Maybe she doesn't want to be alone and away from her chicken family. One of my ducks took awhile to get in the water by himself, even though the other two ducks were in the water a lot. The other two would just jump in, this one I had to make steps out of chopped wood, now he will get in, but only if there are steps. But he took awhile to really start enjoying it. I would place him in and he would swim a minute then jump out.

Is it just the one duck? Maybe she doesn't want to be alone and away from her chicken family. One of my ducks took awhile to get in the water by himself, even though the other two ducks were in the water a lot. The other two would just jump in, this one I had to make steps out of chopped wood, now he will get in, but only if there are steps. But he took awhile to really start enjoying it. I would place him in and he would swim a minute then jump out.
yep but she is my only duck, im getting more soon though, and they might influence her to get into the water. yeah well hopefully she gets the picture if I keep putting her in the water.
Some ducks are not as keen on getting into water. Try tossing some treats into the water. I would not put the duck in if the duck does not want to go in.
well she loves the water when I put her in. I will try your idea with the treats.

Back
Top Bottom