Duck loosing all flight feathers

tessandherducks

Songster
Jul 10, 2022
England, London
My one-year-old Muscovy duck has recently been losing all her flight feathers. It's strange because she's only losing feathers from her wings and not anywhere else on her body So I don’t think she is molting. None of my other ducks are experiencing this issue. Is this a normal thing that happens, or should I be worried?

Her feather loss has made her unable to fly up to her perches, and when she flaps her wings, her feathers keep falling out. Could this be because she is deficient something in something? or is there another reason?
she is very healthy in all other ways and is acting normal.

I've included some pictures below to help explain what's happening.

Attachments

• E5BD18BF-EAA5-49E1-8BEE-6AD12F37488A.jpeg
    E5BD18BF-EAA5-49E1-8BEE-6AD12F37488A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 4618E5FA-75A6-4319-A83F-F2EF3F997EBB.jpeg
    4618E5FA-75A6-4319-A83F-F2EF3F997EBB.jpeg
    815.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 9886ED9F-2439-4995-BB01-DFCFD57CC43C.jpeg
    9886ED9F-2439-4995-BB01-DFCFD57CC43C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 003BB799-FCDB-4EA8-AD89-EA73901FE6D1.jpeg
    003BB799-FCDB-4EA8-AD89-EA73901FE6D1.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 9
My one-year-old Muscovy duck has recently been losing all her flight feathers. It's strange because she's only losing feathers from her wings and not anywhere else on her body So I don’t think she is molting. None of my other ducks are experiencing this issue. Is this a normal thing that happens, or should I be worried?

Her feather loss has made her unable to fly up to her perches, and when she flaps her wings, her feathers keep falling out. Could this be because she is deficient something in something? or is there another reason?

It could be that she has just entered her molt. My quail always looks their tails and wings followed by the rest of their feathers. Not 100% sure about ducks, but I do know my chickens loose their tail feathers. She could just be molting her wing feathers first as molting can have a few different steps.

She's molting. No worries hopefully fully feathered again before the worst winter weather

Back
Top Bottom