Molting issue

One of my duck's wings also looks similar. I wasn't sure if it was hen-pecking, but I have never observed her being messed with by the other ducks. Maybe it is the same thing. Most of her flight feathers are just the quills. She looks damp since she just came out of the pool.View attachment 3666680View attachment 3666685View attachment 3666684
Could be the same, I stopped at the store today and got the poultry cell and 22% duck feed and am going to try that!

thats 19% pretty good..
can you tell us the history of your duck?
age, when molt started, do you have drakes that mate her, have you checked her oil gland to see if it looks normal?
She is 2 1/2 years old. I have 11 ducks, 2 of which are drakes. 5 females and 1 male were hatched this spring. The "original" ducks don't really mingle with the new ones, so I think she would only be mating with the one drake. I have not checked her oil gland, and am not quite sure how to go about doing so.

Well, I checked her oil gland today. I don't know exactly what it is supposed to look like, but it was very oily.

I attached more pictures of her wings. Something I missed before is her right wing feathers still show where I clipped them almost 2 years ago! I thought she was molting earlier this summer, but this definitely shows otherwise. Is there a way to encourage molting? And is this something I should do with winter knocking on my
image4 (1).jpeg
door?
image3 (2).jpeg
image1 (3).jpeg
image0 (8).jpeg

Attachments

• image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    768 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom