Duck lost an eye, what do I do?

What breed? if Muscovy you may have to figure out a way to keep them separated. I never was able to have my Muscovy drakes live happily together.
Okay have you washed the eye out at all? You will need to make up a saline rinse and rinse his eye out to remove any bacteria and debri. Then try and get a good look at the eye. a picture too will help alot. You can find recipes for saline rinses for the eyes that are safe online. There is also Terramycin eye ointment TSC that is really good for clearing up the infection. Wrap your drake in a towel to treat him.

What breed? if Muscovy you may have to figure out a way to keep them separated. I never was able to have my Muscovy drakes live happily together.
Okay have you washed the eye out at all? You will need to make up a saline rinse and rinse his eye out to remove any bacteria and debri. Then try and get a good look at the eye. a picture too will help alot. You can find recipes for saline rinses for the eyes that are safe online. There is also Terramycin eye ointment TSC that is really good for clearing up the infection. Wrap your drake in a towel to treat him.
He is a khaki Campbell. And I haven't done anything yet because I wasn't sure what to use that wouldn't hurt him. Thank-you so much I will try that.

Back
Top Bottom