DUCK NAPPIES :-D

Dazzagtir1

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2015
I am new to this forum..... In fact this is my very first post on here.!

:p HELLO :p

I am relatively new to keeping ducks, I bought my 2 year old son a couple of Indian Runners about 3 months ago after finding out he was allergic to cats and dogs.

We got the Ducklings when they were only a few seconds days old and have now grown into beautiful girlies.

They LOVE my son to bits and love to be stroked and petted by him, they now live in the garden and my son goes out every day to play with them but now it is getting colder We would like to bring them inside for a few hours at a time (they love being in the house on the carpet etc)

Is there any UK based people that sell Duck Nappies/diapers.?
Lots of US based companies but they have a wait of up to 6 weeks plus postage from US.

I have tried "PUDDLES" on here but the page no longer exists.

Many thanks for your time.

Darrell :D

I am new to this forum..... In fact this is my very first post on here.!

tongue.png
HELLO
tongue.png

I am relatively new to keeping ducks, I bought my 2 year old son a couple of Indian Runners about 3 months ago after finding out he was allergic to cats and dogs.

We got the Ducklings when they were only a few seconds days old and have now grown into beautiful girlies.

They LOVE my son to bits and love to be stroked and petted by him, they now live in the garden and my son goes out every day to play with them but now it is getting colder We would like to bring them inside for a few hours at a time (they love being in the house on the carpet etc)

Is there any UK based people that sell Duck Nappies/diapers.?
Lots of US based companies but they have a wait of up to 6 weeks plus postage from US.

I have tried "PUDDLES" on here but the page no longer exists.

Many thanks for your time.

Darrell
big_smile.png
Welcome to BYC @Dazzagtir1 You could ask here maybe someone will know.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/530#post_16035581

Do your ducks have a safe duck house to sleep in at night , getting colder means predators are going to be looking for an easy food source since their main food will be hiding out through winter which makes our flocks more at risk

Miss Lydia.

Im not to sure why my replies are not showing/posting.?
I will try again. :)

Our ducks have a solid wooden duck house with attached mini run which they waddle into when it starts to get dark, i then go out and lock and secure it at night, every night and then unlock again first thing.
They then have freedom of the garden all day.

I would like to however get them in the house more and play with the boy as like you said its getting rather brisk outside now.

Thanks for the link, i will try that out now. :)

Miss Lydia.

Im not to sure why my replies are not showing/posting.?
I will try again. :)

Our ducks have a solid wooden duck house with attached mini run which they waddle into when it starts to get dark, i then go out and lock and secure it at night, every night and then unlock again first thing.
They then have freedom of the garden all day.

I would like to however get them in the house more and play with the boy as like you said its getting rather brisk outside now.

Thanks for the link, i will try that out now. :)

That is the most adorable pic I hope you have that in a frame. It's so precious to see your duck right up there with him most of the time kids scare the feathers off of ducks. Thanks for sharing Hope you can find some nappies.
smile.png

People don't believe me when I tell them how much our duck LOVE Benjamin.!
They obsess over him and follow him everywhere he goes.
They also LOVE being stroked and picked up, their favourite is being given belly rubs.
We had a Halloween party last night with lots of Benjamin's young friends around to play and they lapped up the attention.!
Hopefully the quest for nappies will be joyful as Benjamin and the ducks will slowly spend less time together otherwise.

People don't believe me when I tell them how much our duck LOVE Benjamin.!
They obsess over him and follow him everywhere he goes.
They also LOVE being stroked and picked up, their favourite is being given belly rubs.
We had a Halloween party last night with lots of Benjamin's young friends around to play and they lapped up the attention.!
Hopefully the quest for nappies will be joyful as Benjamin and the ducks will slowly spend less time together otherwise.
That is just so sweet and Runners to boot, where most say Runners are on the skiddish side. Look at them right in the midst of the party.. Go here too
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/632070/show-off-your-house-ducks you defiantly want to keep this relationship going they have with Benjamin..

Thanks Lydia for the link.

I will go take a look and perhaps show off a couple pictures of their blossoming relationship. Lol

These Runners are far from skiddish.! The complete opposite. If I open the back door to the house they will come charging over and waddle in like they where invited.! Lmfao.

Here is Benjamin having cuddles with "Daisy" in the garden. I wrap then I'm a towel because they are wet from the pool and they get over excited and poo on Benjamin. :-D

How adorable.. I just love it..What are your Runners names?

kukupecpec makes awesome nappies for ducks maybe order from US too and hopefully find some in the UK also never can have too many nappies.

Last edited:
Benjamin's favourite programme he likes to watch on TV is Mickey Mouse Club House, they are named after characters on the show.
The white one is called Daisy Duck and the dark one is called Toodles.

I am currently exchanging emails with a lady from the US about nappies, they will take over two months to make and ship so for a couple of weeks I will hold firm and try to find a UK supplier as we would like to have the Girls in the house to enjoy Christmas with Benjamin.

Benjamin's favourite programme he likes to watch on TV is Mickey Mouse Club House, they are named after characters on the show.
The white one is called Daisy Duck and the dark one is called Toodles.

I am currently exchanging emails with a lady from the US about nappies, they will take over two months to make and ship so for a couple of weeks I will hold firm and try to find a UK supplier as we would like to have the Girls in the house to enjoy Christmas with Benjamin.
I hope you can find some there, Christmas inside with Benjamin sounds like alot more fun than outside in an old duck house with out him. lol When I had my duckling inside and he still comes in from time to time I just keep the paper towels and disinfectant handy, but I don't have a little one running around either.

Please post pics I'd love to see them at Christmas time too and any other time for that matter.

Cute names for those girls

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom