Duck piped with blood - help!

Chickycammy

Songster
6 Years
Feb 15, 2018
North Carolina
First of all, I'm sorry for posting so much, I feel helpless with these.

I have 7 duck eggs altogether, 3 left to hatch within the week. 2 piped yesterday morning, 1 of those got itself half out but is just sitting in the shell resting, I don't think it's absorbed all its yolk and the second is just resting still. I'm not too worried about the one with the yolk problem as from what I can see without removing it from the egg, there's just a pea size left to absorb and it's first 2 siblings are doing great even though they did the same thing.

Just a few minutes ago I went to look into the window of the incubator and saw that 2 new eggs have piped. One has piped at the wrong end and is bleeding, there is blood around the hole but I can see it's little beak moving. The other seems fine.

I haven't seen bleeding with a pip before, should I worry? Is there something I need to do? Turn it on its side for the blood will flow out and not drown it or what? This is freaking me out.

Maybe post a picture

Here is a pic. Some of the shell fell off when the other baby hatched out fully, I don't want to move that duck until it's dried off.

Attachments

• 20180309_185001-1[1].jpg
    20180309_185001-1[1].jpg
    677.8 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom