Duck seizure

I think the Dumor may be a little low especially for a duckling with high niacin needs. We are all - and I include feed companies - learning more about ducklings as people start raising them as backyard and pet birds. Like cats - 50 years ago we knew so little about their care compared to what we know now.

I, too, am having the same issue with "Weezy," one of my 4 week-old pekins. I have 3 that I'm brooding inside, but only Weezy is having seizures. I'm using Dumor as well. I've been raising ducks for 4 years now but this is my first time raising pekins, and this is definitely my first time having a duck with seizures! She just recovered from a seizure about an hour ago & it was the worst one so far. Weezy has recovered but I don't think I have yet! I can't find my bottle of niacin anywhere so I guess I'll be heading to CVS in the morning.

I started putting brewers yeast in the water this morning. I'm sure it will take a bit, and I know of at least one seizure my lil buddy has been through today. Hopefully in a few day's, this'll stop. I've decided to name him 'AFLAC'.

I started putting brewers yeast in the water this morning. I'm sure it will take a bit, and I know of at least one seizure my lil buddy has been through today. Hopefully in a few day's, this'll stop. I've decided to name him 'AFLAC'.

How's AFLAC today? Weezy started getting niacin Tuesday morning after another seizure, and she had one Tuesday night (a minor one compared to Monday night's ordeal). It's now in the wee hours of Thursday & no seizure in a little over 24 hrs.

Two seizures yesterday, but AFLAC seems to be recovering quicker. I think it'll be a few days before I can really tell.

God are they messy with their water. I am going to have to put them on wire cloth. I had them on pine bedding and they soak it every night. Lol

Two seizures yesterday, but AFLAC seems to be recovering quicker. I think it'll be a few days before I can really tell.

God are they messy with their water. I am going to have to put them on wire cloth. I had them on pine bedding and they soak it every night. Lol
Wire is way to hard on ducklings feet. go up top and type in waterers for ducklings in the search you'll find others ideas that may help.

Wire is way to hard on ducklings feet. go up top and type in waterers for ducklings in the search  you'll find others ideas that may help.

I will search as you recommended, but for the moment, I put in a 2 inch high wood frame in the bottom wrapped in hardware cloth and then put wood chips on top of it. This way they aren't walkin on wire cloth, but I have drainage.

Perkins are messy.

I will search as you recommended, but for the moment, I put in a 2 inch high wood frame in the bottom wrapped in hardware cloth and then put wood chips on top of it. This way they aren't walkin on wire cloth, but I have drainage.

Perkins are messy.
ALL ducks are messy. lol and good to hear your putting shaving over it.

Interestingly enough, the brewers yeast seems to be working (knock on wood). No seizures in over 24 hours. I hope Weezy is doing just as well.

Back
Top Bottom