Duck sick??

lnp3

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 11, 2014
so I have some ducklings that are about 4 weeks old they have all been fine but then 2 days ago they were outside swimming in the kiddie pool I have set up for them and I went to move them back inside. They usually run away from when I go near them but the one didn't move. She just sat in the pool and was shivering. I thought she was just cold so I moved her inside and set up the heat lamp and tried to dry her off. Like I said they usually run but she let me hold her and didn't really fight other than making some quacks and shivering. So I separated her bc I wasn't sure what was going on with her. She has been eating and drinking ok still. Her poop is still normal isn't super watery or different colored. It's been 2 days. She stopped shivering but her breathing seems a little off. Trying to figure out if she's actually sick or if I am just freaking out over nothing.

I'm still new to ducklings but I know most of the experienced people on here are going to tell you to give nutri dench and if shes by herself you should give her a little stuffed animal and a little mirror to snuggle/look at. Hope she gets better! I'm sure some of the super helpful duck people will respond soon!

She props just needs to recover....you must always dry them gently but thoroughly......then make sure they get warm under lap...every time they have a bath...i hope the baby recovers! xx:hugs

Back
Top Bottom