Duck stopped eating

daisyc

Hatching
Sep 23, 2023
Hey guys, my American pekin stopped eating two days ago and I'm really worried.

She seems quite lethargic, seems to be wagging her tail more than usual and refuses to eat anything except for live small fishes.

She has bumble foot, we've brought her to the vet two months ago for it and have been soaking her in Epsom salt warm bath for the past few weeks. The black clumps are reducing but now she's not eating. We've also checked her cloaca and as far as we can feel, there's no egg stuck.

Please help!!

@Miss Lydia
She may have ideas on helping the bumble. It needs more then just salt water soaks and if the infection moves out of the spot into her leg she can get very sick
How does her leg feel
Is it warmer / hot compared to the other one ?
When did she lay her last egg ?
Is the tail wagging or pumping ?

The vet prescribed antibiotics and some anti inflammatory medication. Temperature wise, both legs feel the same. Last egg was laid two days ago and the shell was slightly thinner than usual. Tail is wagging (left to right)

Eggs can not always be felt if up higher. Do you have any calcium gluconate TSC carries it and it is the best for getting an egg moving.

If her foot is healing and there isn't any sign the bumble is moving into the joint[swelling heat redness] then it may be an egg. That needs to be helped ASAP. A picture of her foot or a video of what she is doing would help but just as a precaution, I would get her on the Calcium Gluconate.

Back
Top Bottom