Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

Ah. Mine don't have any problem getting them down
gig.gif
You have Pekins... If there was a mouse eating a pellet, your ducks could easily eat the mouse.
lau.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSwan

Reina, I could send you some of my Welshie eggs, and Sophia could send you some Pekin eggs, then you could sneakily put them in the bator. Your parents would be like, "Where did those come from?" And you could say, "Someone from BYC sent them as a gift and suprised me." You, Sophia, and I will make this work...
big_smile.png

OMG YESSSSSSSS! I vote we do it.
You guys are awesome, but I have good news!
big_smile.png

I GOT A DUCK EGG THIS MORNING!!!
ya.gif

I am so excited, my mom asked if I was gonna incubate it and I said maybe. She said that I should wait til I have a few more so that I can hatch a bunch at a time!
wee.gif
She loves ducklings and sometimes it seems like they short-circuit the logical part of her brain
yesss.gif
lau.gif

You guys are awesome, but I have good news! :D

I GOT A DUCK EGG THIS MORNING!!! :ya

I am so excited, my mom asked if I was gonna incubate it and I said maybe. She said that I should wait til I have a few more so that I can hatch a bunch at a time! :weee She loves ducklings and sometimes it seems like they short-circuit the logical part of her brain :yesss: :lau  

Yay! So glad to hear your quackers figured out the way of the duck world, hahah!

You guys are awesome, but I have good news! :D

I GOT A DUCK EGG THIS MORNING!!! :ya

I am so excited, my mom asked if I was gonna incubate it and I said maybe. She said that I should wait til I have a few more so that I can hatch a bunch at a time! :weee She loves ducklings and sometimes it seems like they short-circuit the logical part of her brain :yesss: :lau  

Whoohoo!!!! :ya :weee :woot :yesss: :yiipchick :celebrate :thumbsup :bow :bun :highfive: Yay!!!! I still get a little giddy when I get eggs, even though it's been a few weeks. I probably always will lol. :D

Flapper hasn't eaten anything in almost 3 days. He drinks water, but hasn't touched his food. I brought his favorite girl duck to see him today, and I thought maybe she would encourage him to eat, but she just ate all of his food, made a huge mess, and Flapper didn't seem to like her company. So, I decided to put him in the run with the other ducks for a few hours and he still wouldn't eat. He would nip at any duck that came near him, and they kept messing with his feathers and wouldn't leave him alone. He bites. He just bit me a few minutes ago and it hurt. I was giving him a warm bath and I had to put my hands in the way so he wouldn't fly out and hurt himself. Is it a normal reaction for him to not eat because his foot is hurt?

Flapper hasn't eaten anything in almost 3 days. He drinks water, but hasn't touched his food. I brought his favorite girl duck to see him today, and I thought maybe she would encourage him to eat, but she just ate all of his food, made a huge mess, and Flapper didn't seem to like her company. So, I decided to put him in the run with the other ducks for a few hours and he still wouldn't eat. He would nip at any duck that came near him, and they kept messing with his feathers and wouldn't leave him alone. He bites. He just bit me a few minutes ago and it hurt. I was giving him a warm bath and I had to put my hands in the way so he wouldn't fly out and hurt himself. Is it a normal reaction for him to not eat because his foot is hurt?

Sounds like maybe he is in pain or something else is going on. When Igor was going through the bumble foot did the vet give you any metacam? It is for pain and inflammation. Tube feeding maybe needed @casportpony is the pro here. or @needlessjunk

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe he is in pain or something else is going on. When Igor was going through the bumble foot did the vet give you any metacam? It is for pain and inflammation. Tube feeding maybe needed  @casportpony
   is the pro here. or @needlessjunk

I used up the pain medicine for Igor, it was only a small bottle. I have read that ducks can be given a smaller dosage of ibuprofen, what do you think about that? He wouldn't let himself starve to death, would he?

OMGOSH, don't search tube feeding on Google images, I can't even explain how horrifying it is! I started crying and I never cry. Mangled birds everywhere! I never knew that big factories were THAT bad!
1f631.png
1f630.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom