The duck father_

Songster
Jan 11, 2022
My drake got into a fight and had his eyelid pulled. Will it heal okay with terramycin or is there anything I can do right now for him?
PXL_20220222_233952154.jpg

I have him in a cage where flies are unable to get on him. I've seen fly strike happen from eye injures so I'm really making sure he isn't near any

Are you having flies now? I don’t think a cage is going to help unless it’s inside your home. Terramycin is a good product which should help keep infection at bay hopefully. If there is swelling you can also rinse in saline ( many saline eye wash recipes on line). Then use the Terramycin. Bless his heart looks painful.

Are you having flies now? I don’t think a cage is going to help unless it’s inside your home. Terramycin is a good product which should help keep infection at bay hopefully. If there is swelling you can also rinse in saline ( many saline eye wash recipes on line). Then use the Terramycin. Bless his heart looks painful.
Thanks for the advice! I'm going out now to get some for him. Since it's been almost totally ripped and is really inflamed I'm hoping to try to find a vet that'll look at him tommorow but I live in the middle of nowhere. It"s one of those mesh cages. I don't have any flies around him now but I don't want to risk it. I would totally have him in the house if I had a house but I live in a small RV, he's in a barn like structure right now though.

Back
Top Bottom