Duck yolk!

kesrchicky16

Songster
Dec 13, 2016
When I bake I use my duck eggs, except cookies. Pure duck eggs can be a but much in cookies. IMO.

That being said I'm used to cracking my duck eggs but this one shocked me. This is it next to a chicken egg.

20171204_190156.jpg

Very pretty! Do duck eggs taste the same as chicken eggs?

I haven't like fried or boiled so all Icam speak to is in baked goods.

When I crack them the white is "stickier". I have made Elmer glue slime with my kids and it seems more like one of the early stages of that. Chicken white is more "I want to stay with my friends". The difference in the protein is visible in baking. It gives more structure so more fluffy, puffy, loftyness. My uncle has celiac disease and his wife uses duck eggs in his pancakes. The result of duck eggs + gluten free flour = Chicken eggs + normal flour. That also accounts for the difference in egg volume she only uses 4 duck eggs vs the 6 chicken eggs.

I use all duck eggs in my brownies and breads. I feel the recipes can handle the extra richness and moisture. I don't cut back the number of eggs and so there is a slight eggy taste to my brownies but if I cut back to 2 eggs per 3 in the recipe I don't think I would notice. Also my brownies now have the delightful loft of cake brownies wirh the creamyness of fudgy brownies.

I do split cookies half duck, half chicken because the flavors of cookies are more subtle.

It sounds like they're great for baking. I've heard they're tasty on their own too and have always wondered if it's true.

I've tried fried, hard boiled and scrambled. Ducks eggs have a richer flavor but are a bit dryer than chicken eggs. These were eggs I purchased at Harris teeter because mine are not laying yet. They were from average commercial ducks and my ducks are Acona which are suppose to be more flavorful.

I've tried my duck eggs fried, hard boiled and scrambled, I cannot tell the difference from my duck eggs and my chicken eggs. Only thing, I do not like hard boiled duck eggs, the whites have a 'grainy' texture, not smooth like chicken eggs.

I've tried my duck eggs fried, hard boiled and scrambled, I cannot tell the difference from my duck eggs and my chicken eggs. Only thing, I do not like hard boiled duck eggs, the whites have a 'grainy' texture, not smooth like chicken eggs.

I recently got to try duck eggs. I thought the yolks were nice but the whites were rubbery. I cooked them sunny side up, but maybe they would have been better scrambled.

Back
Top Bottom