Duckling bad leg

Heatherschicks1

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 18, 2014
So I have two baby ducklings and one of them has a bad leg. I WILL post a picture here s
on but. One is doing great but the other not us his leg the only thing that may be kind of important is the fact that the duckling was doing great hatching until my cat hit the surge protector and the incubator turns off. Th duckling did the entire pip and zip and hatch but the humidity went down a little righ as he as coming out so he was a little stuck. I left him in the egg brough him in the bathroom and helped just where he was suck as soon as I did it pushed righ out of the egg. But on lg is fully functional and the other he won't open his foot or extend his leg. I hav been trying to help and flexing n moderation so I don't break it but what can I do, he won't walk on I at all. He is eating and drinking but I see his being a problem as it gets bigger. Closed foot and very tight leg with no weight being put on it and won't extend it...

The ducky has been dragging the leg a little and i think that caused the spot on the side of the leg... he wont extend it much or open the food

You should take him to a vet it won't heal with niacin or salt water,he has leg deformity not bow legged or something

He hatched out like that and he is only 3 days old.. i tried ro rub it out and help him bend it but it wont bend much or open his foot... i can see a vet visit cosing me nore than i would anticipate..

Back
Top Bottom