Duckling born deformed feet

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
I know there are topics on this. I have seeeen them. But I can't find them.
It's not angle wing. They are spastically turned inward (like I was born with one foot :p) One more then they other. You can..forgot English word..like tape them in so they grow right (like my foot :p)

Can anyone find this topic?

Here is a pic of fitting with shoes

A bunch of threads came up when I searched on "duckling feet turned in".

Are you already supplementing with extra niacin? You may find this thread helpful. Best of luck!

We can't get that here for other things then people. And even for people you just cant buy that you need a prescription. But I give extra egg-yolk, insects and green pea mash the first days. But it also still not drinking/eating. But it is otherwise active; so I don't think it will be long before it will eat/drink.

Thanks for your search term advice!

It is exactly like this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/crippled-duckling.1302033/#post-21209202

Glad I don't have to disturb it for a photoshoot :)
But then on day one. Active and spiritfull. So I'm going to try the binding :) Not into culling when the ducks itself has no problem with it (yet) and might be fixable in a way that it has a happy life. :)
You're very welcome! I agree - why not try to help and give it a chance? I hope it works out for both of you!

You're very welcome! I agree - why not try to help and give it a chance? I hope it works out for both of you!

One leg got more 'normally footy'; the other still really inwards. It's still alive and spirtfull so thanks to you guys for your help. I am going to bind it tommorow. Like my inward food was bound and it looks normal now :p If she can walk and run around on it; maybe stay a bit behind on the running just like me with my corrected bound foot but the bone/muscles are twisted... it is good to go (y) Most of my customers are not into the 'running compititons' of indian runners ducks anyway (neither am I in marahtons); so is she can walk without too much damaging herself and too much falling behind she will make a wonderfull duck for someone :)

We can't get that here for other things then people. And even for people you just cant buy that you need a prescription. But I give extra egg-yolk, insects and green pea mash the first days. But it also still not drinking/eating. But it is otherwise active; so I don't think it will be long before it will eat/drink.
Can you buy a non prescription Vitamin B complex product in Europe?
Brewers yeast also contains a lot of Niacin.

Can you buy a non prescription Vitamin B complex product in Europe?
Brewers yeast also contains a lot of Niacin.
I know that @Miss Lydia always recommends Nutritional yeast instead of Brewers because it has more niacin. Right now I'm trying to use up my brewers yeast but supplementing B-complex too

Back
Top Bottom