duckling not pooping as much??

Good news on Newt! She started eating again!
She ate a lot of food until she was struggling to get it to all go down and then she drank some water so I think that's how she got food stuck in her throat.. not sure how to keep her from eating so fast but I think I know why shes eating so fast lol.
Also not entirely sure if what I felt in her mouth was food or her tongue, not sure what their tongues look like that far down but shes fine now and doesn't have anything stuck.

Good news on Newt! She started eating again!
She ate a lot of food until she was struggling to get it to all go down and then she drank some water so I think that's how she got food stuck in her throat.. not sure how to keep her from eating so fast but I think I know why shes eating so fast lol.
Also not entirely sure if what I felt in her mouth was food or her tongue, not sure what their tongues look like that far down but shes fine now and doesn't have anything stuck.
That is good news that she is eating better. I would probably still stick with moistened feed. It should go down easier and be less likely to stick. You can also try giving it small amounts of food every 15-20 minutes or so till it is full and not scarfing down food.

That is good news that she is eating better. I would probably still stick with moistened feed. It should go down easier and be less likely to stick. You can also try giving it small amounts of food every 15-20 minutes or so till it is full and not scarfing down food.
Ah sorry to bug you again but looks like the problem isn't over..
I've massaged her throat about 3 times today and shes swimming right now and apparently the food (or whatever it is, not sure at this point) is still stuck in her throat, she keeps trying to throw it up but she just swallows it again when its on the verge of coming up.
How would I get her to throw it up?
I think it might be a piece of pine shaving since she loves to eat those, we are switching her to puppy pee pads today though.

Oh, forgot to include! She also feels much skinner.

Ah sorry to bug you again but looks like the problem isn't over..
I've massaged her throat about 3 times today and shes swimming right now and apparently the food (or whatever it is, not sure at this point) is still stuck in her throat, she keeps trying to throw it up but she just swallows it again when its on the verge of coming up.
How would I get her to throw it up?
I think it might be a piece of pine shaving since she loves to eat those, we are switching her to puppy pee pads today though.

Oh, forgot to include! She also feels much skinner.
So the massaging can cause vomiting especially if her crop is full. You usually don't want them to vomit it up, because they could aspirate it. She may just be eating too fast and over filling her crop.

@HollowOfWisps what are your thoughts?

So the massaging can cause vomiting especially if her crop is full. You usually don't want them to vomit it up, because they could aspirate it. She may just be eating too fast and over filling her crop.

@HollowOfWisps what are your thoughts?
I agree do not try to make her throw up anything. Are the attempts to vomit right after she eats, random or when you're holding her? Is she only being fed her feed or is she being given anything else?

I agree do not try to make her throw up anything. Are the attempts to vomit right after she eats, random or when you're holding her? Is she only being fed her feed or is she being given anything else?
The attempts to vomit is whenever she goes swimming.. it happened in the past before and she threw up a piece of pine shaving.
Shes only being fed her feed, I haven't offered her any treats yet.

Whenever I massaged her throat last night, she must've felt better because she started eating again but now she won't anymore.

I think last night something was stuck. From your description, it sounds like it is gorging itself on food now. Have you tried offering just water for a short while to the duckling? Otherwise, I am not sure what is going on.

I think last night something was stuck. From your description, it sounds like it is gorging itself on food now. Have you tried offering just water for a short while to the duckling? Otherwise, I am not sure what is going on.
She has water all the time and just ignores her food bowl.

Try moistening their feed so that it is easier to swallow.
Wouldn't it get stuck together and clump in her throat?
She can swallow it fine but she just shoves too much in her mouth. I usually crush the food up and make it smaller anyway.

Back
Top Bottom