Duckling - Orange Foamy Poo

cgerrars

Hatching
Aug 9, 2023
Hi,

I have a two week old Indian runner duck, she is a little smaller than my other two but otherwise has been healthy and fine. They live in a brooder inside my house and eat non medicated chick crumb, supplemented with niacin.

I clean them out every morning and usually in the afternoon as well.

Yesterday she started having the odd orange foamy poo. I have noticed that she has done it at least 3 times again today. There is no other suggestion something isn't right, I'm just not clear is this is normal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

Attachments

• IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5379.jpeg
    IMG_5379.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi, yes chick starter but one that is suitable for ducklings and the niacin is a brewers yeast which is also suitable for ducklings. I read that I shouldn't move them onto grower feed till they were 3 weeks old and to then introduce some vegetables and chick grit. Do you advise differently?

No not at all mainly want to know what exactly you are feeding along with supplements so we can figure out what might be causing the color of the poop. It maybe cecal poop this says chicken but ducks do this too.

Cecal poop is produced from the chicken's caecum and is expelled every 8-10 times a day. It is thicker and stickier than normal, ranging from yellow to black in color, and has a particularly obscene smell.01 It is a good indication that the digestive tract is working properly.02

favicon

Back
Top Bottom