DUCKLING PROBLEMS ):

quick update: I felt like the baby was just depressed. He really wouldn't drink or eat still. He would just bury himself and not want to come out. I decided to bring him outside to see his mommy to see how he would react. I put him down in the shed where we keep momma and the babies and right when he saw her he started peeping like crazy and ran to her and went right under her. She seemed pretty happy to see him as well. I thought that if he was with her and his brother and sisters he might want to eat and drink with them. I am keeping an eye on him. I just think that with others he will make a better recovery because he just seemed like he didnt want to do anything alone. If he seems better i will leave him out there but if i see no improvement i will bring him back inside.

quick update: I felt like the baby was just depressed. He really wouldn't drink or eat still. He would just bury himself and not want to come out. I decided to bring him outside to see his mommy to see how he would react. I put him down in the shed where we keep momma and the babies and right when he saw her he started peeping like crazy and ran to her and went right under her. She seemed pretty happy to see him as well. I thought that if he was with her and his brother and sisters he might want to eat and drink with them. I am keeping an eye on him. I just think that with others he will make a better recovery because he just seemed like he didnt want to do anything alone. If he seems better i will leave him out there but if i see no improvement i will bring him back inside.
They always do better with mom but keep the drake away from them until they are at least 3-4 weeks old then they will be able to steer clear of grumpy of dad.

Last edited:
Agreed, a little TLC overnight was good but given the hope that this is a minor concussion situation, there's nothing to do but keep an eye on the little guy and keep stress down. Reuniting with mom will do a world of good for the stress. Good luck and let us know how it's going!

He is doing great! Running around with his brothers and sisters:) he is a happy baby! So does anyone know about babies and the 4th of July? We keep all of our animals in a shed in the backyard and we blow off fireworks close to the shed. Do you think they'll be fine with that? All my other animals have been through it but I'm just worried about the babies considering the loudness and scaring them.

Back
Top Bottom