Ducklings and sunlight

Hi. Thanks for the response. Dani is my Toulouse goose who watches my two ducks.
They are almost one year old. If they don’t like the newbies there is a good rescue that will take them. My concern now is outdoor time for them.
oh dear no … i doubt you have to send them away!! that would be so sad.😞 its only at first the old ducks are usually not happy about the youngsters lol but they can learn to live together it just takes time … let them meet through a fence first , for a week or so, you let the newbies sleep in the duck house but inside a dog crate for protection from the older ducks, after a while they can all betogether. every time i add new ducks @2 months old into my adult duck flock i do this . the first 2 weeks i keep them look but not touch. then they are together and then it takes about 2 more months for them to really get along , still there are occasional fights but that’s normal for ducks

edit to add
I know that wasnt your question I just mentioned it because you had said Dani would be happy
I thought you should know that maybe not the case (at first anyway)
but anyway did not mean to sound harsh
I think you got good answers about letting them have outside time

Last edited:
If the weather is warm and not windy even young ducklings can be outside for short periods I wouldn't put them into water since they can chill easily. You'll be able to tell if they are cold they will lie down together and not be moving around much.
Thanks so much for the reply. So if they stay in brooder for 30 days no problem. Days

If the weather is warm and not windy even young ducklings can be outside for short periods I wouldn't put them into water since they can chill easily. You'll be able to tell if they are cold they will lie down together and not be moving around much.
Thanks so much for the reply. So if they stay in brooder for 30 days no problem. Days

Thanks so much for the reply. So if they stay in brooder for 30 days no problem. i will tell them to take them outside and watch them so they can walk around.

Thanks so much for the reply. So if they stay in brooder for 30 days no problem. i will tell them to take them outside and watch them so they can walk around.
My Runners that arrived last Sept were inside for 5 weeks before they went outside for good. On nice days I took them out [and stayed with them] so they could meet and be around the other ducks chickens and goose. Then once they were feathered in and acclimated to the weather They slept in a Large dog crate inside the coop for a couple weeks just to give everyone time to accept them and keep them from being picked on.

Back
Top Bottom