Ducklings + Goslings

They are a week older and almost fully feathered. I wish they were a little more photogenic. I can't get a single quality photo of my beautiful runners.

They are a week older and almost fully feathered. I wish they were a little more photogenic. I can't get a single quality photo of my beautiful runners.
Oh, that's too bad. I'm sure they are beautiful, though. I think Runners are one of the best breeds of ducks.

So far I love them and most definitely want more. I'm moving them into their permanent outside run this week hopefully and I think I'm going to get a little separation anxiety. :lol: I'm still working on it so I'll post pictures when I'm finished. My only problem is whether or not I should order more ducklings this season or try to wait til next year and hatch my own.

I really missed mine when they went outside, but they are happier out there.
How big is their coop? You really want more after seeing the mess they make?! Just kidding! Who wouldn't want more ducks?!!

It's got about a 15x15 area under a lean-to where their night coop will be. It's 4" of sand on top of 6" of gravel. Outside the lean-to is an area that's 5' out and 8' over, so roughly 5x15 and 8x20. There's an old 10' John boat on the 8x20 section and it sits on sand over 18-20" of gravel. Then next to this, I've sectioned off an area 12x25 where I've planted oats, wildflowers, and clover. I'm going to wait for it to come in a little thicker before letting them loose on it. The hole pen has got an oblong shape to it. This all sits on a 2 acre lot that and is part of a cobbled-together garage. I plan on herding them out to graze on each night after work.

It's got about a 15x15 area under a lean-to where their night coop will be. It's 4" of sand on top of 6" of gravel. Outside the lean-to is an area that's 5' out and 8' over, so roughly 5x15 and 8x20. There's an old 10' John boat on the 8x20 section and it sits on sand over 18-20" of gravel. Then next to this, I've sectioned off an area 12x25 where I've planted oats, wildflowers, and clover. I'm going to wait for it to come in a little thicker before letting them loose on it. The hole pen has got an oblong shape to it. This all sits on a 2 acre lot that and is part of a cobbled-together garage. I plan on herding them out to graze on each night after work.
Cool! They will love that!

Back
Top Bottom