Ducklings left without heat lamp for 2 hours, should I be worried?

Lhope

Hatching
Apr 30, 2024
I have three call ducklings, two are nearly two weeks old and one is around one and half weeks old. I turned off their heat lamp for a few minutes earlier today, then forgot about it and went on my computer for nearly two hours. I just went downstairs and remembered about it and turned it on, should I be worried about them? These are my first ducks and I don’t know what to do

I have three call ducklings, two are nearly two weeks old and one is around one and half weeks old. I turned off their heat lamp for a few minutes earlier today, then forgot about it and went on my computer for nearly two hours. I just went downstairs and remembered about it and turned it on, should I be worried about them? These are my first ducks and I don’t know what to do
If they weren't showing signs of distress then should be fine

What signs should I be looking for?
If they are acting normally now, the same way they were before you turned off the lamp, then they should be okay.

Signs of distress could include loud noise, huddling together, collapsing on the floor because they are way too cold, and various other things. Basically, anything "not normal."

Considering the ages of your ducklings, and how long it was, and that they are in the basement (not outdoors in a snowstorm), I think they will most likely be fine.

At two weeks old I usually leave my ducklings without heat for the day and plug in the heat at night. but the room they are in is about 80 degrees

Back
Top Bottom