Ducks and their ability to recover

Did you have this posted somewhere else i went back through this thread and couldn't find anything.. Oh my gosh hope your duck and I don't know which one is going to be okay.  :hugs

Thank you, it's my Cayuga, Michelle. This is her just a few days ago all happy and healthy.

Completely understand.  So sorry to hear about Michelle's current situation.  It sounds like the same steps I would take, maybe some added vitamins if you have any laying around, I picked up a small container of poultry vitamin supplement from TSC for 5 or 6 dollars.  @Amiga on here may have additional thoughts and is someone I would also ask for an opinion.  Warmth, liquids and TLC.  My best wishes and warmest thoughts to you and your little Cayuga Michelle!!!

Troy & Tina

Thank you. I didn't even think of extra vitamins *facepalm* I'll give her some in her water if she still seems bad this afternoon.

Last edited:
I hope she makes a full recovery, How are the rest doing?

Everyone else is fantastic. The two lils are happy and growing normally. The only other problem I'm having is one of my newly introduced ducks being a little overly aggressive. But that's calming down too. Everyone was happy and healthy until yesterday. They forage together and are all getting along pretty well as a flock. I take the lils out with me every day when I do "duck duty" (feeding/watering the adults). Other than the incident yesterday, everything has been just peachy lol.

She seemed better yesterday, so I let her back in with the flock. Her skin is not red or irritated anymore, just a little brown and scabbed over in places. She acted and ate and drank normally, and even laid a nice egg last night :) I think she'll be okay.

Last edited:
She seemed better yesterday, so I let her back in with the flock. Her skin is not red or irritated anymore, just a little brown and scabbed over in places. She acted and ate and drank normally, and even laid a nice egg last night
smile.png
I think she'll be okay.
That's great news.Relieved it came out this way.. . Is Hubs out of the dog house yet?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom