Duck's poop

Duckyismylove

In the Brooder
Oct 29, 2023
Hello my friends✋
Does anybody know why my duck's poop is green? I'm a lil afraid...cause he hasn't eaten anything green but his poop is light green. This has been like that for 2 days. I don't know what to do?😭 is it normal? He is 6 months old and i keep him in my house
I'll be very happy if you can help me💜

Tell us what all you are feeding him, including supplements and treats.
What breed? Is he acting sick? could he have picked something up off the floor and eaten it? Pictures of poop would be good.
He eats eggs and tomatoes and wheat and pasta...i used to give him noodles but not much...
And he is so happy not showing any sickness...and i don't think he has eaten anything off the floor. His poop is yellowish green and watery. I'll send u a pic asap...and he has a green head maybe he's a ruen( I'm not sure 100 percent)

How come you don't feed any poultry feed or duck feed?
I know in other countries this isn't the norm for many. It maybe he isn't getting some nutrients from what you are feeding but if this is the normal feed most feed in your country then I don't know.

Oh biting is normal they haven't hands to reach out and feel things so they use their bills, If he is biting to hurt then you should stop petting him and walk away.

How come you don't feed any poultry feed or duck feed?
I know in other countries this isn't the norm for many. It maybe he isn't getting some nutrients from what you are feeding but if this is the normal feed most feed in your country then I don't know.

Oh biting is normal they haven't hands to reach out and feel things so they use their bills, If he is biting to hurt then you should stop petting him and walk away.
Here unfortunately we don't have duck food but i used to give him pellets and some chicken food but he didn't like so i stopped...
And his bites don't hurt us...i thought it was because of maybe paine or something else which i should have noticed

Can you get a picture of his poo? metallic green usually means infection of some kind. Sometimes can even mean the duck isn't eating.

If he is eating good and not acting sick then most likely not much to worry about. It sounds like he is doing good in this area.

He eats eggs and tomatoes and wheat and pasta...i used to give him noodles but not much...
And he is so happy not showing any sickness...and i don't think he has eaten anything off the floor. His poop is yellowish green and watery. I'll send u a pic asap...and he has a green head maybe he's a ruen( I'm not sure 100 percent)
I’d leave the chicken feed as part of his diet if you can.
The eggs add protein and fat, which is good.

I would also cut out all tomatoes; they are a nightshade and probably not helping him.

If commercial feed is not an option, are you letting him have any forage time outside, so he can find worms, bugs, and grass (or other vegetation) that he can eat?

I would also make sure he is getting some vitamin B.
Nutritional yeast is a good source and you can sprinkle the flakes on his other food. Niacin is very important for ducks IMO, especially younger ducks.

I’d leave the chicken feed as part of his diet if you can.
The eggs add protein and fat, which is good.

I would also cut out all tomatoes; they are a nightshade and probably not helping him.

If commercial feed is not an option, are you letting him have any forage time outside, so he can find worms, bugs, and grass (or other vegetation) that he can eat?

I would also make sure he is getting some vitamin B.
Nutritional yeast is a good source and you can sprinkle the flakes on his other food. Niacin is very important for ducks IMO, especially younger ducks.
Thankks....I'll do what you say...actually i think maybe worms aren't good for him or may cause him trouble...but the matter is here we don't have duck food😒

I don't buy duck food since I have a mix of chickens too. Chicken feed is fine depending on their age they may need to have some type of niacin added. Many of us use Nutritional yeast and sprinkle a tablespoon over each cup of feed we offer. That way they get the extra niacin waterfowl needs that isn't in chicken feed. Even though all my flock are adults 4 are 8 weeks old they all get the benefit of nutritional yeast daily.

Back
Top Bottom