Dumped chicks. Please help with sexing them

furryfriends

Hatching
Jan 25, 2015
Hi there

We had these two little chicks come to us recently after they were found dumped in a box. I have been told they are silkies. Could anyone confirm this please? Could you also help me identify what sex they are?
I can provide more photos and of different angles if needed.
Many thanks

Yeah they are silkies but I don't know the gender. It is so sad that people get chicks and once they are no longer cute and fluffy throw them in a box and just leave them some where.

Last edited:
They do appear to be silkies or silkie mixes - however that will put a glitch in sexing them as silkies are notoriously difficult to sex until they have reached an age beyond that of most standard breeds....meaning months instead of weeks.

They do appear to be silkies or silkie mixes - however that will put a glitch in sexing them as silkies are notoriously difficult to sex until they have reached an age beyond that of most standard breeds....meaning months instead of weeks.
X3

So sad to see people dumping chicks , there so fragile at that stage :( Looks like you have a white silkie and a splash silkie. Judging by the size of them in your hand i would say their around 5-6 weeks maybe more silkies are generally quite small chicks. :) Good luck with them!

Back
Top Bottom