Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

I copy and pasted the first time.. I can see them. This time I used the picture uploader.

Thanks! I was happy, we had to drive a ways to pick it up but I think it was well worth it.

I put an ad on Craigslist looking for baby bottles for the 3 lamb that I am bottle feeding . They are sucking about 9 - 15 bottles of milk once a day every day and I needed more bottles. Bottles in the store are $1.00 per bottle and I needed more bottles so that I could have available in the fridge at least 10 bottles at any given time. A lady responded to my ad and this is what I got for $7.00.

12 of the bottles are complete with nipples but I will have to see if the extra nipples fit on the other 10 bottles. After work, I will go home and clean and disinfect both the bottles and the nipples. Depending on how much the nipples are, I may just buy new nipples if they are not too expensive.

I'm always on the look out for decent dumped stuff, normally find something that we can salvage something from but I think my favorite piece of trash has to be the childs playhouse we found in a skip, cleaned it up and use it as a replacement pen when one isn't available for some reason or other! (I think we were doing repairs that day).

I have picked up many great deals over the years.  I am an auction addict and actually became an auctioneer a few years ago.

Some of my most memorable scores:

A set of rare Tolkien books- paid 10 bucks, sold for 500.
100 brand new tennis racket covers- paid a buck for all of them and sold for $120
40 cases of foil hot dog bags like you get at the fair or ballgame- paid a buck for the lot and made 30 bucks a case= $1200
A bunch of boxes of clothing for 5 bucks- found a carved walrus tusk in one of them and sold it for $600

Friend of mine bought a bed at an estate sale for 20 bucks.  Turns out the prior owner used the bed posts to hide his silver coins.  He found over 400 silver dollars in the posts.  Those coins averaged 35 dollars each.

I love old coins... I would have died!!! LOL

Neat thread, good idea!

****! I have never found good deals at an estate sale!

I haven't been to many estate sales but I did buy a cool old telephone table at one. It looks old. I had to bid against an employee of the auction company for it. She want happy she didn't get it. lol

Back
Top Bottom