Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

Love "Curb Shopping"!   Just finished the new chicken pen in the barn with 50 feet of chicken wire that was in great condition and painted to boot.  Also got a nice garden cart-perfect for hauling out dirty straw form the chicken pen.  And then there all the things we have picked up, cleaned up and sold over the last several years-probably close to $200 worht of stuff that only needed some soap and water.

NICE!!! :thumbsup

Noticed a HUGE pile of garbage out for pick up in town.

Right on top was part of a roll of roofing. We stopped and asked the homeowner if we could have it and he gave us 3 NEW, unopened rolls from his garage too!

The neighbor's house had two wooden shipping crates we picked up, too. My 10 y.o. daughter was only slightly embarrassed to be seen with me.
tongue.png
I asked her if she would rather see the items wasted and she got right on board with the trash-picking! She is a recycler at heart and this is just another level of that.

I may have to go to town and drive around looking at the garbage set out.... tomorrow is "Large Item" pick up day for the year.
hide.gif

I went to the dump friday and looked around to see what the attendant had salvaged from the compactor, not seeing anything I unloaded my truck and made a turn around the second compactor they have and spotted a pile of clay pots. The operator doesn't care what anyone takes so I stopped and helped myself to them. I got over 100 6in clay pots. Saturday I spend most of the morning transplanting the stuff for my garden.

I went to the dump friday and looked around to see what the attendant had salvaged from the compactor, not seeing anything I unloaded my truck and made a turn around the second compactor they have and spotted a pile of clay pots. The operator doesn't care what anyone takes so I stopped and helped myself to them. I got over 100 6in clay pots. Saturday I spend most of the morning transplanting the stuff for my garden.

Great find !!!!! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom