Dunlap Hatchery

Yes they do have a website but being smaller than most it don't come up readily on Google. you need to look for it directly. most of the feed stores in that part of the west including UT, MT, buys through/from them.

I have had good luck with the chicks I've got from the Dunlap Hatchery when I lived in Caldwell years ago and so I went back there last February, even though there are other stores that were closer to Eagle. All of the chicks I picked up in February are all healthy and grew up well. They are a family run business who are very knowledgeable and helpful. They take good care of everything. Definitely recommend.

Does anyone have any experience with Dunlap Hatchery in Caldwell, Idaho? Website shows that its a family business, since 1918. Must phone or fax orders in....lady on the phone seemed very helpful. Before I order, was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and what their experience was. THANKS

I have order from four different hatcheries on a number of occasions (Dunlap, Murray McMurray, Ideal Poultry, and Cackle), and I have been satisfied with all of them, but Dunlap is my favorite. They are smaller than the other three, but I love their service and their birds. The folks at Dunlap are very friendly and helpful, and I have never lost a single chick in shipping from Dunlap (I can't say that about the other three). I highly recommend Dunlap Hatchery.

I have order from four different hatcheries on a number of occasions (Dunlap, Murray McMurray, Ideal Poultry, and Cackle), and I have been satisfied with all of them, but Dunlap is my favorite. They are smaller than the other three, but I love their service and their birds. The folks at Dunlap are very friendly and helpful, and I have never lost a single chick in shipping from Dunlap (I can't say that about the other three). I highly recommend Dunlap Hatchery.

P.S. Dunlap's website is at http://dunlaphatchery.net/

thanks for the input on Dunlap.
ive been browsing around and
goodpost.gif

i think im going to try them.

I just bought some chicks from them. I have never bought from a hatchery or had day old chicks delivered to my door. It's kind of strange really. A box of chicks is going to show up one day with my mail... I'm excited, nervous, anxious... AND now I have to wait 60 days for them to get here. I might try to push my order date but I am concerned with the weather and what not. I thought it was funny that you couldn't place an order online and that you had to call. LOVE IT!

Yeah it would be nice if there was an actual order page, but that is what you get when its family run. You also get quality and friendliness that you don't get elsewhere. I have got chicks from them and sometimes they get other birds people just couldn't keep as well such as roosters. Really they are just a great place so busy sometimes i suggest going to the store early if you live around here because some birds sell out fast.

This last March I bought some chick from AG Supply, a feed store here in Hillsboro, OR. I am told they got their chicks from Dunlap Hatchery. They sold me my chicks as Ameraucanas, but now that they are almost 5 months old experts tell me they sold me Easter Eggers! I love my girls so it's not a real big deal to me....but I can imagine it is to those who want genuine Ameraucanas!

Back
Top Bottom