Dutch bantam?

agkuyk08

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
Was wondering if this Rooster is a dutch bantam or not.

He has a single comb, dark blue-ish black legs, and white earlobes. The first picture was taken after winter and sadly he caught a little frostbite and lost the tips of his comb, but he his single combed.

I'm not 100%, but think it is more likely that he is a game bantam. Beautiful picture of him on the 'POND' sign - well done.

That's what I was wondering, between OEBG or Dutch. But do OEGB's ever have dark legs and white earlobes?

That's what I was wondering, between OEBG or Dutch. But do OEGB's ever have dark legs and white earlobes?
It's a OEGB, I raise OEGB and they do have dark legs and white lobes. It has a smaller comb than a dutch, a smaller almost meaner looking face, the posture of a oegb and also the tail. Pretty bird though

It's a OEGB, I raise OEGB and they do have dark legs and white lobes. It has a smaller comb than a dutch, a smaller almost meaner looking face, the posture of a oegb and also the tail. Pretty bird though

Ok great. Thanks for the help, I've always been stuck on wether he was dutch or OEGB. Thanks for the help!

OEGB are NOT supposed to have white ear lobes. Some of the varieties do have dark legs, but none of them have white earlobes. That would be a DQ for Old English. I checked my standard to be sure.

Dutch bantams have white earlobes.

OEGB are NOT supposed to have white ear lobes. Some of the varieties do have dark legs, but none of them have white earlobes. That would be a DQ for Old English. I checked my standard to be sure.

Dutch bantams have white earlobes.
They lay a white egg, they have white lobes. They are dubbed so they have no lobes

Last edited:
They lay a white egg, they have white lobes. They are dubbed so they have no lobes
HI, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm trying to help you. Yes, you can dub the males, but if your females have white earlobes, then you have a serious defect in your line of birds. The Standard calls for either Red or Mulberry earlobes on all varieties of Old English. Your hens will be DQ'ed if they have white earlobes.
I raise Modern Game Bantams, which also have red lobes and lay white eggs. That rule about lobe color does not work with all breeds. There are many exceptions to it. Sometimes, my Modern roosters do have a touch of white in the lobe, but they should NEVER have what is called "positive" white. Neither should the Old English.

Last edited:
Although white earlobes ARE a DQ for OE games, it is not uncommon for them to appear in some strains. Body type of that bird is more game than Dutch, but the bottom line is that he is a beautiful rooster, probably a crossbred, and those are beautiful pictures.

Back
Top Bottom