Dutch Bantam mix?

yoshi09

Chirping
Aug 2, 2021
San Diego County
Hello, I got a chick from Hawthorne Country Peep Show last March and was told it was a Sebright. As the bird grew older I am pretty sure the chick isn’t a Sebright… (see pictures). He looks kinda like a Dutch Bantam mix to me— he has blue legs but his earlobe is red. Any chicken breed experts have thoughts?

Some more context:
- Hawthorne Country Store (HCS) is a local, family-owned feed and homestead supply store in Southern California.
- HCS hosts an annual weekend chick days event featuring 100+ varieties of poultry, further separated into types (bantam, game, etc.) during the event. They also have many rare breeds during this show, so chicken breed enthusiasts can opt to purchase a Peep Show ticket for a special early entry a day before the event officially begins, to ensure they get the breed they want before it sells out.
- I got four breeds that day: Red-shouldered Yokohama (confirmed), Bantam Easter Egger (confirmed), Bantam Frizzle Silkie (confirmed), and a Sebright (…pretty sure this is wrong)
- I got the “sebright” in the bantam section, but there were probably two other chick varieties in the tub they pulled him from. I don’t remember what the other breeds were, unfortunately.
- The hen in the photos is a Serama, for scale.

Attachments

• 67201731941__7678E72F-9053-4128-94CF-CC6BE8055FF8.jpeg
    67201731941__7678E72F-9053-4128-94CF-CC6BE8055FF8.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2948.jpeg
    IMG_2948.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4988.jpeg
    IMG_4988.jpeg
    672.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    629.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    528.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5901.jpeg
    IMG_5901.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 17
He's beautiful. The comb type looks somewhere in between a pea comb and a single comb. So maybe another Easter egger bantam since I don't think he is a pure breed.
Omg… I think he actually is the Easter Egger I bought that day! Thank you for your answer. I just assumed my “Easter Egger hen” was a strange and sweet little runt that lays white eggs because her coloration looked so far from a sebright I never entertained the notion and stamped her as the Easter Egger. Your answer made me do a little more digging and I had no idea buff Sebrights existed until today. But this is her, and look at that super light lacing on her feathers!

Attachments

• IMG_5454.jpeg
    IMG_5454.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 15
Omg… I think he actually is the Easter Egger I bought that day! Thank you for your answer. I just assumed my “Easter Egger hen” was a strange and sweet little runt that lays white eggs because her coloration looked so far from a sebright I never entertained the notion and stamped her as the Easter Egger. Your answer made me do a little more digging and I had no idea buff Sebrights existed until today. But this is her, and look at that super light lacing on her feathers!
That's not really lacing. It's called frosting, where just the ends of the feathers have a paler color. I think she is a red pyle old English game bantam. Buff Sebrights should have rose combs, slate legs, and should be buff laced with white all over the body.

That's not really lacing. It's called frosting, where just the ends of the feathers have a paler color. I think she is a red pyle old English game bantam. Buff Sebrights should have rose combs, slate legs, and should be buff laced with white all over the body.
Ahhhh interesting. Thank you very much for the info and insight! Well at least I have her ID now.

Well... My google lens says this on your chicken's breed. 'namkim' -or- serena

0BC17670-076C-4A5D-90AD-3EB49E639E79.jpeg

I can tell you that he's :
Not dutch 😏 Shape is incorrect.
Not Cochin 😆 too many missing traits.

Pretty baby!

Back
Top Bottom