Mixed up batch of chicks! OE, EE, Australorp?

Victoria Peckham

Chirping
Feb 17, 2024
Tacoma, WA
Can you help me ID my hens?

We have six 6 1/2 month old chicks, some of whom the store had in the wrong bins.

I thought I had figured out what breeds they all are, but was corrected in another thread by https://www.backyardchickens.com/members/ilovemychicks08.609587/
I think @Ilovemychicks08 is correct that what we thought was a Black Australorp is not. Now I’m questioning almost all of our breeds! 🤭😂

What we thought we bought:
2 bantam EE (confirmed by small bluish green eggs)
3 Olive Eggers
1 Black Australorp (developed leg feathers early on, so we decided she is an OE)
1 Chocolate Orpington (became darker black, so we decided she was the Australorp)

We are confident that the chick we bought the next month is indeed a Golden Buff (aka Golden Comet…)

Pics of all (some pics are before their combs came in or turned red. We think they are all laying now, I could post a better pic of eggs if helpful)

Maggie, feathered feet, Olive Egger? IMG_6889.jpeg
Juliet’s blue black feathers
IMG_6783.jpeg
Olive Egger 👍🏼 Dove, with Juliet in background
IMG_3124.jpeg
Juliet ???
IMG_3134.jpeg IMG_7059.jpeg

two days old
IMG_5229.jpeg
From small local garden store. Might have their own hatchery? Ours were Aug and Sept hatch. The website was mistaken - the EEs were all bantam
IMG_7061.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    763 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6887.jpeg
    IMG_6887.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3042.jpeg
    IMG_3042.jpeg
    784.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

We have six 6 1/2 month old chicks, some of whom the store had in the wrong bins.

I thought I had figured out what breeds they all are, but was corrected in another thread by https://www.backyardchickens.com/members/ilovemychicks08.609587/
I think @Ilovemychicks08 is correct that what we thought was a Black Australorp is not. Now I’m questioning almost all of our breeds! 🤭😂

3 Olive Eggers
1 Black Australorp (developed leg feathers early on, so we decided she is an OE)
1 Chocolate Orpington (became darker black, so we decided she was the Australorp)

We are confident that the chick we bought the next month is indeed a Golden Buff (aka Golden Comet…)

Pics of all (some pics are before their combs came in or turned red. We think they are all laying now, I could post a better pic of eggs if helpful)

Maggie, feathered feet, Olive Egger?View attachment 3767190
View attachment 3767185
View attachment 3767183
Juliet ???
View attachment 3767181View attachment 3767179

two days old
View attachment 3767195
Alright
Maggie- Olive Egger, maybe Cuckoo Maran?
Juliet - Easter Egger
Dove- Easter egger
Then looks like a cinnamon queen
And another Easter egger

3 Olive Eggers

Maggie, feathered feet, Olive Egger?View attachment 3767190
View attachment 3767185
View attachment 3767183
Juliet ???
View attachment 3767181View attachment 3767179

two days old
View attachment 3767195
Oh my word. I obviously need to learn how to properly attach pics!!!

Back
Top Bottom