Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
I am not sure that the ABA would want the Standard posted here without prior written permission.

The Standards are counted on to generate much needed revenue for these non-profit organizations and normally one is not allowed to post them.

Wyandottes7 did you obtain permission to post it here?
No, I didn't. I didn't realize that it could be a problem. I'll go edit the post and get rid of the information.

Sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone or get anyone in trouble by asking. I guess i figured sense there were standards posted on the fist page of this thread & doesn't violate any copyright laws because no one is selling it. It would be ok. I do own both standards just not the most current ones. Sorry again

Yes, there is a section earlier in the thread, which I posted in error. I cannot now edit that post though, or I would remove it.

And actually, the material is under copyright to the American Bantam Association, which is why they don't want it posted.

I'm going to try to "self-report" my old post and get it removed by the Moderators.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Does anyone know or recommend a good book describing the colors and combinations of the Dutch Bantam or Old English?

Can anyone tell me what color dutch bantam I have right here?
As far as I know, your bird is a mix of color varieties. No variety that I know of (or that is in the American Standard of Perfection) looks like this. However, I'm not sure-- hatcheries or breeders may have developed a variety that looks like this, and I'm not aware of yet.

Last edited:

Can anyone tell me what color dutch bantam I have right here?
Doesn't look like any common or recognized variety that I know of. She does have defining characteristics of the Dutch Bantam breed (slate legs, white earlobes, single comb, etc.); its probably her variety that isn't pure. Where did you get her from?

Back
Top Bottom