Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
Hi, does anybody have any photographs of a show quality lavender Dutch bantam hen, so i know what i should be breeding towards? And does anybody have any perhaps different/unusual colours i could look into? I have a lovely little trio of Dutch bantams and was planning to expand but was considering another colour, any advice much appreciated :)
Cheers :)

Hi, there are lavender on the British Dutch club web site. Shape and confirmation in all colours is the same.

I live in Rochdale England. I keep Blue Partridge, Silver, and Pyle, I have just hatched 3 birchen from some eggs I bought.

There should be a warning with Dutch, they are very addictive.

Good luck with whatever you chose.

Thank you i'll be sure to check that out! And aww all sound lovely, i had a lovely little birchen hen a few months back but my lot just bullied her so i gave her to a friend :( Yes i definitely agree with the warning! Very sweet little birds, fallen in love with them :) Surprised at how well they cope with the weather up here in the hills of Scotland, seen quite a few people saying because of their single comb they aren't good in the cold, I've had my girls for around 4 years and haven't had one fatality due to the cold yet! Almost had one in that 'heatwave' back in summer though!

There is a gal in Lake County CA who is trying to help her son find Dutch Bantams for his 4-H project. Any help finding them in Northern California would be appreciated. Thanks!

I dunno how big poultry shows are in your part of the world but i found my breeder by going to local poultry shows and finding birds i liked. Good Luck, hope he finds and enjoys his chooks :)

Ive searched California and Nation wide and have yet to finda breeder :-/
I am sorry you have had cruddy luck. Where are you from in Northern Cal? If I find any I will let you know where.

I dunno how big poultry shows are in your part of the world but i found my breeder by going to local poultry shows and finding birds i liked. Good Luck, hope he finds and enjoys his chooks :)
The last one for the season was just held two or so weeks ago. There aren't big ones close but if you are willing to drive 3-4 hours there are several including the biggest one in the west. I will encourage her to look there. Thanks.

@redneckchic
  have you tried here? http://www.dutchbantamsociety.org/Breeders_Page_4OD0.html  there is also a FB page devoted to Dutch Bantams.  good luck!

I have looked on there and havent had any sucess, only one I did find was in England but wouldn't hurt to take another look. & I'll definitely check out the facebook page. Thank you! I'm located in Foresthill, about amd hour east of Sacramento... up in the mountains.

Hello. I am looking to get 3 female dutch bantam chicks, but I can't seem to find any breeders D: I live in Washington State, and if anyone knows any good breeders in the area, please tell me. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom