Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
I don't breed or show my birds. I was just trying to figure out what Ronnie might be. The Serama people say that he is NOT a Serama. It isn't just the earlobes, or the plumage. Regardless of what he is, I think that he is beautiful. I just wanted to know what people with Dutch Bantams thought.

I got him from a friend who purchased fertile eggs. She was unable to keep him, so I took him. I don't know where he came from, or what his parents were. He lives with a poorly bred Sebright hen, and I think that they are adorable together. :)

quote name="Hockeychick" I ahree with a little phoenix maybe but I am not a breeder of bantams but whatever breed x he is a very BEAUTIFUL little Rooster and yes enjoy him he will give you many hours of *eye* pleasure.url="/t/271645/dutch-bantams-breed-thread/700_100#post_15521365"]I don't breed or show my birds.  I was just trying to figure out what Ronnie might be.  The Serama people say that he is NOT a Serama.  It isn't just the earlobes, or the plumage.   Regardless of what he is, I think that he is beautiful.  I just wanted to know what people with Dutch Bantams thought. 

I got him from a friend who purchased fertile eggs.  She was unable to keep him, so I took him.  I don't know where he came from, or what his parents were.  He lives with a poorly bred Sebright hen, and I think that they are adorable together.  :)
[/quote]e

It is known that so many bantam breeds, ere crossed with Dutch (and still are, for no reason, except "to see what I get") and with no thought that calling the offspring Dutch is not helpful to folks who may have no wish to show or breed birds for sale, and yet, would like to have correct "true" DUTCH BANTAMS. Surprising how many cannot distinguish differences between OEGB and Dutch (correct birds are not really similar, even in their colors (varieties). Early crosses of Phoenix, with Dutch/OEGB, were to improve tails--that are not very good on the OEGB crosses. It gave longer main sickles, but not the right shape of the sickles! However, we who love bantams, can like them ALL. Beautiful birds are for us to enjoy, regardless of breed or "mongrels". AND the eggs produced by the hens are just as wonderful, nutritious--and worth the care and pleasure of keeping bantams!

these are what i assume are dutch bantams i got from TSC has pure white lobes and slate legs. im not happy witht he comb, but hey, what can you expect from hatchery birds? im sure theyse guys will still be fun to breed!

they are about 3 months now. one of my roos have nice ear lobes but my other still has some red. im hoping their tails will get fuller....they are growing back from a molt at the moment

does anyone have 3 month dutch bantam pics they could share with me? thanks!

Have searched for pictures of LB pullets and cockerels about 3 months of age, and found these, not the best views--may find some yet. Among 1000s of pictures, have few well labeled to easily locate!! Someday may find someone who can help sort and make albums, but after years of raising Dutch, have to rely on memory to help locate what I want!

Maybe this will help with the Dutch TYPE, even though you cannot see all the bird as well. (Sold these a year ago,, and just heard that there are several chicks just hatched and already spoken for!) These Light Browns hatched April 4 2013 and pictured taken July 24-28. I may find some taken at a better

angle,but you can how different the body type is--still...love your bantams for what they are--

Are these dutch. The black ones

Back
Top Bottom