Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
I adopted these guys at the shelter...i think (guessing) they are dutch. But i have no idea. Can someone help?
They appear to be Old English Game Bantams. For sure, the rooster is an Old English Game (or a mix of that breed) since he lacks the white earlobes, slate legs, and body type of Dutch Bantams. I can't see the earlobes on the hen but her coloring and leg color aren't quite right to be a purebred Dutch Bantam.

They appear to be Old English Game Bantams. For sure, the rooster is an Old English Game (or a mix of that breed) since he lacks the white earlobes, slate legs, and body type of Dutch Bantams. I can't see the earlobes on the hen but her coloring and leg color aren't quite right to be a purebred Dutch Bantam.
Agreed

19th
Thank you.
I think they are adorable, either way. My other hens hate them. So they got their own condo.
The hen's earlobes are red, also. I think she's a little younger since they are still pink. I recall my big breed hens starting pink, too

Hi:

I'm looking for a pair of dutch bantams for pick up in the Ohio or Michigan area (maybe Indiana). They don't have to be show quality, but should be reasonable representatives of the breed (not way oversized). Greatly appreciate anyone's help since I'm having a hard time finding any places online.

Thanks,

Dan

There are a number of Dutch Bantam breeders in MI and OH. Hard to find birds in winter, a most have sold their young stock and are only now beginning to hatch. Won't be ready for several months, as I know of no breeders who sell eggs or chicks. Pet birds may be available, winter shipping is difficult and Bird Flu has made Shows, where you can pick up birds, canceled or smaller entries. Ask again in another month......good luck.

Blue Dutch? Almost impossible, as they are a "made" variety and so difficult to breed in the standard color, most of the few who have tried, have given up Few breeders of true Dutch belong to backyardchickens, so it is hard to make contacts. Don't know of any who work with them right now, but someone may show up later?????Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom