Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Quote:
The history of the Dutch is that they were prized by peasants, because the Lord was entitled to all eggs over a certain size. Thus, a bird that regularly laid small eggs was very desirable.

Quote:
Hey Nick, did you ever get any of those columbians to hatch... don't mean to hijack.. was just wondering:)

I just pm you. I got a great hatch out of them. Thanks-Nick

Do you all still think my little guy is a mix or an OEG and not a Dutch bantam? I really want to get him a girlfriend because his attempts at mating the big hens aren't going so well.
lau.gif
If he's a pure breed then I'll get him a hen to match, but if not I'll get any kind of bantam and make fun mixes.

I made a video of him, you can see his legs and his ear lobes and everything.

He's all beat up because he keeps picking fights, he thinks he's the man in charge.
barnie.gif
I love him, he's so funny and friendly.

Here's the video. If you choose 720p you can see him in HD, lol.

Yes, I still think he is an OEG mix, or a Dutch mixed with an OEG (I'm presuming the folks who got his parents got them from Ideal, right?)

If you were to get him a wife, you will need to pen them separately, so that the larger males won't kill the little bantam hen trying to breed her, which they could do. Can you pen them separately?

Last edited:
are BBS dutch rare and what is the quality like with them. i have a chance to buy some and they claim SQ but i now do independent research instead of relying competley on the sellers word

Quote:
They're pretty similar. Biggest difference is in the male hackle & saddle. Dutch should be silvery white with a black stripe, OEGBs should be a clear silvery white.

i also would like to ask another question what is the general standard like for dutch so when i go and buy dutch i know halfway what im looking for because if you look at my signature you know i really dont deal with dutch a lot.

see i dont think he is a breeder that is why im asking so many questions but i would love to have some so i figured id run to my all knowing BYC friends and ask. I'm going out and looking at a variety dutch maybe tomorrow so thats why i wanted to know the general standard as well!

Back
Top Bottom