E-Bay Eggs On The Way!

Well, I've decided to give up trying to get the perfect stable 99.5 degrees. Fiddling with the temp gets me huge temp spikes--so, I'm just letting it do it's fluctuations from 98-99.5 degrees. Better a little low and they hatch a few days late, then be dead or deformed from the high temps! This is, of course, the incubator with all my expensive chicken eggs!

I candled my Easter egg bunch(12) and all but 1 are fertile! They are at day 3 right now, so there's a chance that 1 egg might be behind. My French Copper Marans have some definition forming in 9 of the 12 eggs(day 2), so it's looking good with those ones as well!

So far, I haven't lost a single Ebay chicken egg to breakage from shipping and I've only lost 2 Quail eggs from breakage(out of 100). Right now I'm pretty happy with my purchases!

Joyrider--I'm off to Google those Chickens!!!

Can't wait to see the photos of the chicks. Will do a google search to see if there are some online photos of the adult breed, sure an interesting sounding breed. Unfortunately, here in California i look for birds that can withstand the extreme heat and not so much cold hardy birds.
Here's a better description from "The Old Farm House Chickens" Isbars (pronounced ice-bars) were developed by a Catholic monk in Sweden around the 1950's. In 2012, when we acquired our first flock, it was said there were fewer than 500 Isbars in existence worldwide. This breed has become very popular in America, and that number continues to increase very quickly--and for good reason! Isbar hens are unbelievably good layers of olive, mint, or moss green eggs, having outlayed (by leaps and bounds) every single breed on our farm during our hot Texas summer--and our most recent bipolar winter weather. These birds are very intelligent, alert, and friendly, but not necessarily fond of being picked up and handled. The roosters are very protective of their girls, but have never been aggressive toward people.

Back
Top Bottom