Ear mites or ?

deanagraham

Hatching
Sep 5, 2022
Help! I have done everything I can think of to help my small flock. All of the hens are shaking their heads constantly. Most of them have moderate to severe feather loss on their necks. I am guessing ear mites. I have cleaned the coop thoroughly, dusted them and even put ivermectin in their ears multiple times. I have cleaned the coop with bleach and sprayed with coop spray. Has anyone dealt with this? Any ideas of the cause?
They continue to lay and do not have dirty vents. I have never seen anything on them. They scratch their heads and necks, causing feather loss.

Help! I have done everything I can think of to help my small flock. All of the hens are shaking their heads constantly. Most of them have moderate to severe feather loss on their necks. I am guessing ear mites. I have cleaned the coop thoroughly, dusted them and even put ivermectin in their ears multiple times. I have cleaned the coop with bleach and sprayed with coop spray. Has anyone dealt with this? Any ideas of the cause?
They continue to lay and do not have dirty vents. I have never seen anything on them. They scratch their heads and necks, causing feather loss.
It reads like your doing a good job. To get rid of mites and lice is Permethrin. You can buy it in "Ready to use" or "concentrate" to mix. TS has it. This is great stuff to spray on your flock to fix the problem.
Good luck.

Attachments

• 20201023_164830.jpg
    20201023_164830.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 4
I've done both/all. I read that as it is a parasite killer/pesticide that it would work on ear mites. Has anyone tried the ear mite drops you use on dogs or cats?

Back
Top Bottom