Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

Well I have a second incubator and a dozen eggs right now that I started collecting on Monday so maybe I'll warm up the other bator and put those in and see.
jumpy.gif
That would be awesome, good luck
yesss.gif

Thank you @shahtir101 and @ambe0487! Yep, I was candling upside down, wow. I feel super smart!! Lol. Well I took this very same egg and shined the light down from the top as shown and saw a completely different set of stuff, an air sac and a blob off to the side! I did a few others just to see and they were much more disappointing, an air pocket but then just very liquidy stuff that moved when I turned the air slightly, not promising looking. I'll leave them won't bother anything for a week or so and then I should know for sure. Booo.
Also lots of my eggs are pretty porous, I guess I need to address that before I try incubating again.

Unless I see something obvious (which is only about 50% of the time) I just put them back and go with the belief that nothing is wrong other than my eye sight and candling skills
gig.gif
And by obvious - I mean glaringly obvious movement, veining or blood ring.

Last edited:
Well I have a second incubator and a dozen eggs right now that I started collecting on Monday so maybe I'll warm up the other bator and put those in and see.

It really is a learning curve! Make sure as you store them you are placing the small end down if you plan to incubate them.

Keep in mind, just because you can't see right now, didn't mean they aren't growing. It is early and sometimes hard to see. Let's wait until day 7 to candle again :)he I know it is hard to fight the temptation) and if you are super women, wait until day 10 to have an even better view for sure!

Unless I see something obvious (which is only about 50% of the time) I just put them back and go with the belief that nothing is wrong other than my eye sight and candling skills :gig And by obvious - I mean glaringly obvious movement, veining or blood ring.

I love that!

Ok, I'm gunna be a good girl and wait to candle til later, this time I mean it!
You've all been so helpful, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom