Earthworms

My chicks are 8 weeks old and today a robin was pulling a worm out of the ground and I must have scared her and she flew off. I grabbed the worm and threw it on top of the chickens and they freaked. One picked it up and ran with it and all the others chased her. I love the grab and chase they do. It is so fun to watch!

My chicks are 8 weeks old and today a robin was pulling a worm out of the ground and I must have scared her and she flew off. I grabbed the worm and threw it on top of the chickens and they freaked. One picked it up and ran with it and all the others chased her. I love the grab and chase they do. It is so fun to watch!
If you think that was funny try it with a garter snake.

I feed mine worms whenever I feel like catching them. They really like the worms but as I mentioned in another thread, they like bread even more! However, I will continue to give worms when I can because they surely are more beneficial than bread. My kids like going out at night and trying to catch the worms.....those things are sneaky! They always seem to have their back end still in the hole and whenever they detect movement or my light, duck back in super fast.

I have one BR that LOVES earthworms and small anole lizards, and the other BR and 2 RIRs could care less. Nice to know that they are all "normal"!

Sometimes i bring out shovel and dig out the earth worms the chickens will run to me when then see the shovel in my hand
D.gif
.I have only two that will eat them the rest wont even look at them.

Back
Top Bottom