Easter Egg hen /roo = NO CLUE

You all were right. He's 100% rooster.

100767_louie_080911.jpg

Quote:
Seeing as he's an Easter Egger (which is a mixed breed) and the Cinnamon Queens are a hybrid, the chicks will be all sorts of colors! Hard to predict... But I'd imagine that you'd get some that were predominantly white, some predominantly red, and some that take after the rooster, whatever color genes he has.
idunno.gif

He's a real handsome rooster, BTW!
wink.png

Quote:
Seeing as he's an Easter Egger (which is a mixed breed) and the Cinnamon Queens are a hybrid, the chicks will be all sorts of colors! Hard to predict... But I'd imagine that you'd get some that were predominantly white, some predominantly red, and some that take after the rooster, whatever color genes he has.
idunno.gif

He's a real handsome rooster, BTW!
wink.png

Thanks! It will be interesting to see what the future brings with this guy and his gals. One thing is certain, he is extremely friendly and will follow me around the yard, into the barn and will fly up on my shoulder. He squats down when he is patted and will stay as long as you keep patting.

Since he has a pea comb, he might have a blue egg gene, so any babies he makes with your sexlinks might lay green eggs.
smile.png

The gals (Cinnamon Queens) are now 3 months old. Will they start laying before winter?

100767_3_amigos_080611.jpg

Quote:
Yes. Cinnamon Queens usually start laying at 18-24 weeks. They should keep laying through the winter since Cinnamon Queens are a hybrid bred specifically for high brown egg production. You can increase winter egg production by providing them 14 hours of light a day.

Back
Top Bottom